Awards At Meta 2015
The Mahindra Excellence in Theatre Awards now in its 14th year continues to applaud the finest in theatre. It was instituted by the Mahindra Group with the objective of becoming a significant platform for celebrating this art. META recognizes theatre’s varied elements like playwriting, set, costume and light designing, direction and performance. Over the years, META has succeeded in setting a stage that represents the diverse interpretations of this art form as understood in various regions of the country.
The most pressing social issues have been brought to life and given a new perspective by highly acclaimed theatre groups that have participated in the festival. The Mahindra Group, through META, aims to increase awareness and appreciation of Indian theatre, making it the only national arena for recognizing and rewarding the industry’s best performing theatres and theatre makers.
- Highlights of META 2015 (10 th META award)
- 10 Plays selected for the 10 th Mahindra National Theatre Festival out of 290 plays received across India.
- CHITRAPATA play secured highest nomination in 10 categories out of 13 categories.
CHITRAPATA bagged 3 Awards :
- Best Actor in lead role – Female – Ms. Shwetha Srinivas
- Best Actor in supporting role – Female – Ms. Sowmyashree
- Best Costume Design – Ms. Shwetha Srinivas